1/ A piece of paper used on a printing press to vary the pressure that produces light and dark tones. 2/ A transparent/tranlucent layer placed on top of another to produce a deeper, multi-layered effect.


What design words or terms have we missed? Tweet them to us @supercooldesign, including the hashtag #knowdesign, and we'll add 'em.