In the metric system, the density of all types of paper and paperboard is expressed in terms of grams per square metre (g/m²) but the unofficial unit symbol 'gsm' is widely used in English speaking countries.


What design words or terms have we missed? Tweet them to us @supercooldesign, including the hashtag #knowdesign, and we'll add 'em.